RAMADAAN 1433 A.H.
- First Night: Night of Friday 20th July, 2012
- First Day: Day of Saturday 21st July, 2012
- I’tikaaf begins (before sunset of): Thursday 9th August, 2012
- Last Odd Nights of Ramadaan:
- 21st Night : Night of Thursday 9th August, 2012
- 23rd Night : Night of Saturday 11th August, 2012
- 25th Night : Night of Monday 13th August, 2012
- 27th Night : Night of Wednesday 15th August, 2012
- 29th Night : Night of Friday 17th August, 2012
SHA’BAAN 1433 (AH) – Last Month
The Month of Sha’baan completed 30 days since the moon to commence the month of Ramadaan was confirmed as being NOT SIGHTED locally and regionally after the sunset of the 29th day.
SHAWWAAL 1433 (AH) – EID UL FITR – Next Month
The 29th of Ramadaan 1433 (AH) is Saturday 18th August, 2012. Sighting should be done after sunset of this day.
The new moon (crescent) will be born on Friday 17th August, 2012 at 11:54 am. Sunset on Saturday 18th August, 2012 will be at 6:26 pm. At sunset of this day, the moon will be about 30 hours 32 minutes old and Muslims are reminded to look for the crescent to commence the month of Shawwaal 1433 AH and for the determining of Eid ul Fitr.
If the moon is sighted, then Eid ul Fitr would be celebrated on Sunday 19th August, 2012.
If the moon is not sighted, then Ramadaan would complete 30 days and Eid ul Fitr would be celebrated on Monday 20th August, 2012.