KFC. RE: SIX KFC OUTLETS APPROVED
Based on a recent meeting with the management of KFC in Trinidad (Prestige Holdings ltd.), and based on visits to different KFC outlets, the Darul Uloom Halaal Committee is now in a position to say that six KFC outlets have been approved.
These are: –
• Cunupia (Munroe Road Junction)
• St James (Next to the St James Masjid)
• Piarco (Airport),
• San Juan (Croisee)
• Gulf View (Opp. Gulf City shopping complex)
• Princes Town (Main Road)
The following items are halaal to consume at the above KFC outlets: –
1) All Chicken on the Bone.
2) All Chicken Sandwiches except Doublicious.
4) Corn on the Cob.
5) Mashed Potato without Gravy.
6) All drinks except Mauby Fizz.
7) Cole Slaw.
8) All Condiments.
Church’s – All products are Halaal for consumption at all outlets except mashed potato and gravy.
Rituals – All drinks, doughnuts and muffins are Halaal for consumption. However, one should refrain from cakes since some contain alcohol. The Tastee Jamaican Patties are not halaal.
Chief Brand Products – All spices, condiments, sauces, essences, drinks and snack foods are Halaal for consumption except the chicken and beef pack soups.
KC Confectionery – All products are Halaal to consume.
Meat From Uruguay – Beef and Lamb imported from Uruguay and certified by Uruguay Islamic Center and Uruguay Islamic Society have been approved as Halaal for Muslim consumption by the DUHC.
FOREIGN SNACKS – The following foreign snacks ARE PERMISSIBLE:
– Baked Cheetos – Crunchy Cheese Flavored
– Baked Lay’s – Barbeque Flavored Potato Crisps
– Cheetos – Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks
– Cheetos – Puffs Cheese Flavoured Snacks
– Cheetos – Twisted Cheese Flavored Snacks
– Doritos – Cool Ranch – Flavored Tortilla Chips
– Doritos – Smokin’ Cheddar BBQ Flavored Tortilla Chips
– Doritos – Spicy Sweet Chilli Flavored Tortilla Chips
– Frito Lay – French Onion Dip
– Fritos – Bar B Q Flavored Corn Chip
– Fritos – Chili Cheese Flavored Corn Chips
– Fritos – Flavor Twists Honey BBQ Flavored Corn Chips
– Fritos – Mild Cheddar Flavor Cheese Dip
– Fritos – Spicy Jalapeno Flavored Corn Chips
– Lays – Barbecue Flavor Potato Chips
– Lays – Cheddar & Sour Cream Artificially Flavored Potato Chips
– Lays – Flamin’ Hot Flavor Potato Chips
– Lays – French Onion Flavored Dip
– Lays – Honey BBQ Flavored Potato Chips
– Lays – Hot & Spicy Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips
– Lays – Kettle Cooked Jalapeno Potato Chips
– Lays – Stax – Ranch Flavored Potato Crisps
– Lays – Stax – Salt & Vinegar Flavored Potato Crisps
– Ruffles – Authentic Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips
– Ruffles – Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips
– Sunchips – French Onion flavor Multigrain Snacks
– Tostitos – All Natural Hot Chunky Salsa
– Tostitos – All Natural Medium Chunky Salsa
– Tostitos – All Natural Mild Chunky Salsa
– Tostitos – All Natural Medium Picante Sauce
– Tostitos – All Natural Mild Picante Sauce
– All Natural Medium Pineapple & Peach Salsa
– Tostitos – Creamy Salsa
– Tostitos Spicy Nacho Dip
The following Kellog’s Products ARE NOT PERMISSIBLE to use:
– Marshmellow Fruit Loops Cereal
– Smorz Cereal
– Rice Krispies Treats Squares
– Special K Protein Snack Bars
– Frosted Pop Tarts
– Frosted Mini Wheats
– Rice Krispies Treats Cereal
– All Kellogs Fruit Snacks
MEAT FROM NEW ZEALAND
Beef, Lamb and Goat imported from New Zealand and certified by New Zealand Meat Management (NZMM) and Federation of Islamic Association of New Zealand (FIANZ) has been approved Halaal for Muslim consumption by the DUHC.
Imported meats such as lamb, beef, goat and other products from New Zealand and Uruguay are approved Halaal for Muslim consumption. Please request Halaal Certificates.
The following brands of corned beef are halaal (with halaal logo):
Naisa Target Happi
Saara April Swift
KFC. RE: SIX KFC OUTLETS APPROVED