The Teachings of the Darul Uloom
The teachings of the Darul Uloom are strictly in accordance to the teachings of the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), as expounded, interpreted and explained by the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama’ah, the main body of the Muslim Ummah who continuously followed the pure and unadulterated teachings of The Holy Quraan and the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.S) as understood, practiced and explained by the illustrious companions of the Prophet (S.A.S).
The Darul Uloom accepts the Salafus Saaliheen (the pious predecessors of Islam) as authentic and reliable scholars and personalities who have expounded and propagated the true teachings of Islaam and through their knowledge and actions have given an invaluable service to the Muslim Ummah. In this regard the Darul Uloom accepts the four renowned Mazhabs (Schools of Islamic Jurisprudence) from among them as ‘truth’ and has adopted in its practice the Mazhab of Imam Abu Hanifa (A.R)
The Guidelines of the Darul Uloom
The Darul Uloom is an Islamic institute, in which emphasis is not only on Islamic education but also on the Tarbiyah, (Islamic training and upbringing of students). Along with a sound education, our main objective is to impart good morals, manners, ethics, etiquettes,traits and habits which conform to Islamic teachings to our students.
However this can only be achieved by an input from all those who are involved in this effort, namely, the Darul Uloom, teachers and students.
The role of the Darul Uloom and the teachers and students is to impart proper teachings through theory and practice while the role of the students is obedience and compliance.
In this regard, the following guidelines are given to students so that they may understand what is required and expected from them.
- The teachings of the Darul Uloom are strictly in accordance to the teachings of the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), as expounded, interpreted and explained by the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama’ah, the main body of the Muslim Ummah who continuously followed the pure and unadulterated teachings of The Holy Quraan and the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.S) as understood, practiced and explained by the illustrious companions of the Prophet (S.A.S).
- The Darul Uloom accepts the Salafus Saaliheen (the pious predecessors of Islam) as authentic and reliable scholars and personalities who have expounded and propagated the true teachings of Islaam and through their knowledge and actions have given an invaluable service to the Muslim Ummah. In this regard the Darul Uloom accepts the four renowned Mazhabs (Schools of Islamic Jurisprudence) from among them as ‘truth’ and has adopted in its practice the Mazhab of Imam Abu Hanifa (A.R)
- The four renowned Mazhabs (Schools of Islamic Jurisprudence) from among the Salafus Salaaheen (the pious predecessors) which have been accepted by the Muslim Ummah from their inception in the 1st century of Islam until today are:
- The Mazhab of Imam Abu Hanifa (A.R) (80 A.H- 150 A.H)
- The Mazhab of Imam Malik bin Anas (A.R) 93 A.H – 179 A.H)
- The Mazhab of Imam Muhamad bin Idrees Ash Shafi (A.R ( 150 A.H- 204 A.H)
- The Mazhab of Imam Ahmad bin hambal (A.R (164 A.H – 241 A.H)
- Students as well as teachers and workers are not allowed to criticize or condemn the above-mentioned teachings nor should they invite, or propagate anything against it.
- Students must adhere to the sacred teachings of Islaam in all aspects of their lives. In and out of the school. Code of conduct as behaviour must also conform to the teachings of Islaam.
- Students must obey all rules and guidelines of the Institute whether these are permanent or temporary.
- Students must respect all authorities, teachers, supervisors and workers of the institute.
- Students must respect the property of the DarulUloom. They should never vandalise or misuse the property of the school.
- Classes are conducted from Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. (Boys’ College) and 8:00 A.M. (Girls’ College).
- Students must not be absent from school or classed, except in urgent and valid cases. In such a case an excuse must be written and signed by the parent/guardian and be submitted to the principal.
- Public Holidays which occurs on a Monday or Friday (only) will be given off.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school before dismissal.
- On Fridays during the Juma Salaah, students must remain in the Darul Uloom.
- All Hostel students must leave on Friday evening and return the Sunday evening before Magrib Salaah or on Monday morning before classes begin.
- For security reasons, students should not come after Magrib Salaah on Sunday night.
- All students must conform to the teachings and practices of the Darul Uloom.
- Students should display a high level of Islamic morals and practices, discipline and cleanliness.
- Students must take part in all collective programmes.
- Students must be present for P.E sessions every morning.
- Students must ensure that their rooms are clean at all times. Shoes, bags, suitcases and clothing must be neatly stored. All clothing that needs to be washed should not be dumped or scattered on the floor. They should be placed in a clothesbasket. Beds must always be neatly made.
- Playing and running in the Masjid area or Hostel are strictly prohibited.
- Students should never be late for salaah, classes of other collective programmes.
- Students are not allowed to hit or strike one another. In such a case, a report must be made quickly and given to anyone who is incharge at that time.
- Obscene and foul language are strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to enter rooms or classes besides their own. They are also strictly prohibited from borrowing without permission, or entering the bags, suitcases or cupboards of other students. They are not allowed to lie on the bed of others.
- Students (foreign) are not allowed to go to the home of any friend, other students or relatives. Allowance may be given for close family members with the Principal’s permission (only).
- Students should not do anything which will bring a bad name or image to the institute.
- The uniform consists of a white jubbah, which is above the ankle but below the knee and has no patterns and trousers which is white and is above the ankle and a white topi and a pair of black shoes. The material for the uniform is polyester or any other material.
- Track pants are not allowed as part of the uniform.
- The PE uniform is a track pants of any colour, a tee shirt and track shoes.
- Students must attend school everyday in full uniform.
- Students who are not in full school uniform are liable to be disciplined.
- Students are responsible for marking their uniform and other personal effects for purposes of identification (especially for Hostel students).
- Students must report items stolen from them as soon as they become aware of the theft.
- Students are not allowed to borrow items of clothing from other students except with permission from the office.
- Colours other than white are not allowed for the uniform.
- School begins Monday to Thursday from 8:00am until 3:00pm.
- Recess on Monday to Thursday is from 10:15am to 10:30am. And on Friday from 10:00am to 10:15am.
- Lunch break on Monday to Thursday is from 11:50am to 1:00pm and on Friday from 11:35am to 1:00am.
- Students coming late are liable to be disciplined.
Students must make ever attempt to be present for school Monday to Friday without exception. Students who are absent must bring a signed and dated excuse from his parents which explains his valid absence from school. Students who do not bring an excuse are liable to be disciplined.
- Students are responsible for keeping their classroom tidy at all times. This includes the floor, windows, blackboard and fan.
- Students must place their shoes neatly outside the classroom against the wall.
- Students must not place the Quraan or other items on the louvers.
- Students must take off lights and fans on leaving the classroom.
- No one is allowed in the classroom during the lunch interval.
- Students are responsible for removing all items from their desk at recess and lunch intervals.
- Permission must be obtained from a teacher before any student can leave the classroom.
- At 3:00pm students must ensure the classroom is clean before leaving.
- Students are not allowed to play with the fans or lights.
- On entry of a teacher, all students must stand immediately and wait for instructions.
- Students must not enter into other student’s classrooms without permission of a teacher.
HOSTEL – Rooms
- Every hostel student will be assigned a room and bed at the beginning of the school year.
- Students are not allowed to exchange rooms or beds without permission.
- Students are allowed to bring a fan andor cupboard into the room as long as they do not cause inconvenience to other students.
- Eating and the preparation of meals are not allowed in the rooms.
- Students can bring a pressing iron and ironing board, however toasters, sandwich makers, microwaves ect are not allowed.
- Students must not enter rooms other than the one assigned to them.
- Rooms must be cleaned daily and beds made every morning. All students are responsible for cleanliness of the entire room.
- Rooms should be looked at all times. Students are responsible for the locks and keys of their room.
- Students must pray all collective salaah in the masjid.
- Students must arrive in the masjid before the adhaan is called.
- Students must perform salaah in Qurta, trousers and topi.
- Students must perform their Sunnah and nawaafil as well as fard salaah.
LEAVING THE SCHOOL COMPOUND
- Students must not leave the school compound without written permission from the Principal or Dean of Discipline.
- Foreign students who wish to leave the school compound at any time must obtain permission from the office.
- Students are not allowed to receive food, parcels ect. except with prior permission from the office.
- All games must end at least 15 minutes before any collective programmes.
- Students must clean up and change after games before attending collective programmes.
- Students are responsible for any Darul Ulloom equipment used during games.
- All students are reminded that the night supervisors represent the Principal/Dean of Discipline. They must be respected and obeyed.
- Radios, cassette players, gameboys etc. are not allowed in the Hostel.
- Permission must be obtained for any board games etc. they wish to use. Card games are strictly forbidden.
- Students must keep all facilities of Darul Uloom clean and take care in using the switches, taps etc.
- Students are not allowed to interfere with the lights in the corridors, water pumps, or locks on the compound.
- No jewelry is allowed for students except a watch. This applies for all times on the school compound and Hostel.
- Students who borrow and lend items among themselves do so at their own risk.
- Buying, selling and trading are not allowed among students.
- Students are responsible for properly securing their clothing, money and personal belongings in the hostel.
Students must ensure at all times that they should:
- Not be late for school or classes.
- Be with their uniform.
- Not be absent from school or classes.
- Not leave the classroom without permission.
- Not be late for classes especially after the recess and lunch intervals.
- Complete all assignments given to them.
- Be neat and clean.
- Not lie.
- Not steal from students, teachers or the institute.
- Not disrespect any teacher or worker.
- Not play fight with other students.
- Not fight with other students.
- Damage or vandalise the school’s property.
- Deface the school’s property or the property of other students.
- Not use obscene or foul language.
- Not bring into the school illegal objects or material.